I made my new Whole Brain Teaching "inspired" rules. I am not using their EXACT rules, but I'm using the same idea. I hope they aren't too "wordy," but I wanted to include all those little behaviors that I am having to correct most often, along with the ones that came from WBT.
A view of all the rules
Up close part 1
Up close part 2
I used an old belt so that I could make all the ribbons straight AND have a hook at the top.
I *think* I'm going to hang these up on from the cork strip on the top of my whiteboard.
One of the great things that I love about WBT is how it uses gestures to reinforce skills--even the rules! Here are the gestures that I am going to model/teach my students:
#1--Follow directions quickly.--move hand in front of you like a snake.
#2--Raise your hand for permission to speak and leave your seat.--raise hand, then use hand like a mouth "talking," then two fingers of left hand "walking" down the right arm.
#3--Keep your body to yourself.--hug yourself.
#4--Make smart choices by being safe, being kind, and being honest.--point to head, then baseball "safe" motion with both hands, then hand over heart, then holding hand up like taking an oat.
#5--Respect others, respect yourself, respect your school.--spread both hands out in front of you motioning towards others, then point thumbs to self, then point to the floor.
I also made my labels for all my folders and notebooks.
I make each of my students a Calendar Folder(more on this in a future post!) and an Extra Work folder for all unfinished work, Math Facts practice, Handwriting practice, etc.
I made labels for my Science and Social Studies Vocab Journals and also a label for each of their tubs. I'm going to TRY to be doing the composition notebooks cut in half for those, but I still need to find somewhere that will help me with that. I also made a label for Poetry Notebooks and Word Study Notebooks. I'll be putting those labels on the 2 composition notebooks that the students should be bringing as part of their supply list.
I had one other project that involved Mod Podge that was a flop, so I'm going to TRY to redo it and see how it turns out MAYBE for next Monday... :)
Have a great week!!


Love it! I also have WBT rules in my classroom!
ReplyDelete✰Becca
Simply 2nd Resources
Everything is great!! I like how you used the belt to make everything straight!! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
I made WBT posters earlier this summer. I love the gestures that go with the rules. Yours turned out so cute!
ReplyDeleteBrandi
Success in Second Grade
Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party
Using the belt is brilliant...why didn't I think of that!? :) So cute...can't wait to kick my year off with a little WBT!
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Teaching Maddeness