Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Technology Tip Tuesday

Day 2 of Teacher Week--Technology Tip Tuesday! :)



I am going to share some of my FAVORITE websites to use...

1.  Class Dojo (http://www.classdojo.com)
Class Dojo is an online behavior management tool.  Each of your students can earn points for good behaviors and lose points for bad behaviors.  Another good part of this program is that you can email behavior reports to parents on Friday's, and it is also a great source for documentation.  You can also bring it up on your smartphone and keep track of points if you're not in the classroom--playground, specials, cafeteria, assemblies, etc.  At the end of last year, there was something about the students being able to log on from home.  I'm not sure what all that would be, but sounds promising!  Best part--this is totally free! (Note: Poor Johnny Depp has seen better days...the good thing is...he can turn it around before the end of the day and get out of the "red!")



2.  BrainpopJr. (http://www.brainpopjr.com)
This is the partner to regular Brainpop, but it is geared towards K-2.  I can find just about any topic we are studying and pull up a short video clip with Annie and Moby, games, lesson ideas, etc.  The kids LOVE it!  You do have to have a subscription to this website, and luckily, my district had one last year.  If they didn't--this is worth the money!


You have to have a subscription to this one...check your local Library!  That's how we get it!  This is a great website that reads books to students (sometimes it's the author reading!) and uses the actual illustrations from the stories.  Again, the kids love it, and my favorite author Robert Munsch has several books on this website.



4.  Reading A-Z (http://www.readinga-z.com)
Also, another subscription site, but is definitely worth it!  This website has TONS of leveled readers.  I use this ALL THE TIME for my small group instruction.  You can also find themed books, books about specific holidays, content-specific books, pretty much anything you can think of!  There are tons of resources that go with each leveled reader, as well, so you can find anything you will need for small and/or whole group instruction.





WELL...my sweet girl is waking up from her nap, just in time.  Gotta run! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your tech resources! Tumblebooks and Brainpopjr are must haves and I will be using Class Dojo for the first time this year! I'm your newest follower. Found you on the blog hop!

    http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/2012/08/teachers-week-technology-tuesday-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I'm your newest follower.

    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  3. DITTO on Reading A-Z and Tumblebooks! Both are fantastic sites! Stop by anytime! SMILES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! :)