Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Made-It

Before I post about my Monday Made-It's, I want to give a shout out to one of my new bloggy friends Corinna at Teaching Fabulous Firsties.  I am a part of her 100+ Follower Giveaway, and there are a LOT of other GREAT teachers involved.  Make sure you click over and enter her giveaway.  Click the picture to get there! :)


I am giving away my Morning Announcements Pack which is on sale for the rest of today (Monday) as part of the Back to School Sale! :)


Sooo...on to the Monday Made-It's!


Last week, I had the idea to "Mod Podge" a paper cover onto my Planner.  I have only done one previous project with Mod Podge, so I am still learning how to use this stuff.  When I applied it on there, I was horrified when I saw all these bubbles!!  AHH!  I just ruined my Planner that I already wrote everything in!  Well...I let it rest, put my sweet girl to bed, and when I came back, the bubbles had disappeared!  There are some little lines, but nothing huge, so I'll take it!


This was when it still had the bubbles in it...promise it looks better now. 
You can find the file I used {here} from a year of many firsts. :)


My next project was actually not school related--a batch of "confetti" cakepops for my husband.  His favorite cake is "funfetti" so this was my little spin.  I made a funfetti cake, but when I mixed in the icing to make the cake balls, of course, all the little bursts of color mixed right in, just like I had predicted.  In essence, I had a vanilla cake.  When I was mixing in the icing, I decided to mix in some rainbow sprinkles/jimmies.  This is what we ended up with...It's kind of hard to see, but there are some sprinkles in there!




Then, I used Lisa from Fourth and Ten's idea to make a Kool-Aid inspired back-to-school gift for my new 2nds.  They turned out really cute!  Check out her blog {here} if you want to learn more and download this freebie!  I'm usually a stickler for misspellings (CHICK-FIL-A!), but these were too cute to pass up!



Lastly, I made my number lines for the students to keep in their desks.  This is just number line tape on a sentence strip that I will laminate.  *fingers crossed that I will be able to keep some of these in decent shape to reuse in the future--seeing as how I'm going through all this trouble now!*



I have a few other projects up my sleeves that I am hoping to finish within the next few weeks--in exactly 3 weeks, I'll be getting ready for my first day of school!  We don't go back until September 4th, so I still have a few weeks at home, then a week of "teacher days," then we're back in business! 

6 comments:

  1. Love your planner & your number lines. Where did you get the tape?

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out on the giveaway! :) I hope you get some new visitors to your blog.
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your straws and koolaid! I am having a giveaway--come on over and try to win a laminator! I am also one of your newest followers!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your blog! Thanks for the number line idea. I'm your newest follower. Stop by and visit my blog when you have a chance.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing to my number lines & they last for years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I love your number lines! I just added it to my To-Do list. :)
    - Michele
    Multiage Moments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! :)