Monday, July 30, 2012

My first Monday Made-it!!!!! w/ a Freebie!

I don't know how some of you get all your work and cutesy crafts done...oh wait, yes, I do!  You probably don't have one of these running around your house....


My sweet two-year old keeps me busy during the day, so the only time I can really do any sort of blogging or school work is when she is asleep.  I've been so excited to get some of my school stuff finished that I have had a few late nights recently.  So...I present to you...my very first...Monday Made-It!!!



My first project to tackle was the ever-so-popular Teacher Toolbox.  I got a 22-drawer toolbox from Home Depot.  I researched a lot of different "toolboxes" on Pinterest to decide on which labels to put on my drawers.  I created my labels and printed them on patterned cardstock paper, laminated them, cut them out, attached the labels with tape to the drawers, and VOILA! ;)  I am a LITTLE skeptical of whether or not some of the items (like pencils) are going to actually fit in the drawers since they don't seem big enough.  If I have to change a few of the lables, no biggie.  I think it will still be really useful.  Here are some pictures of the steps...

I rounded off the edges to help the labels fit a little better in the drawers.
Tape along the sides.
Finished product!! :)  Do you think it's "too much" to have all the drawers with the SAME cardstock?  I have a feeling I may have to change a few things up once I get into my classroom anyway, but we'll see.

If you'd like a copy of my labels that you can print, click {HERE}.

I have seen these R-E-A-D letters popping up all over blog land, so I when I went to Michael's a few days ago and went into the wooden letter aisle, I was not impressed with the "fonts" that they had. Then, I saw these cute, little, glittery letters. They are quite smaller than what I've seen others doing, but I'm going to make it work. I know I technically didn't do anything to make these, but I will be putting magnets on them!  haha  The picture doesn't do the glitter justice...


Yesterday, I saw this post on Miss Kindergarten's blog about a "Where Are We?" board.  I went to Target with my sweet girl to get a few supplies, so my time was limited.  This was my only stop to find the supplies to make it.  It isn't PERFECT, but I think it will work really nicely.  I did buy Miss Kindergarten's "Where Are We Cards" on TPT, but I think that the pink color scheme may clash a little with my green and yellow classroom "theme" colors.  HOWEVER, I love the cute graphics and font.  What do you think? 



 


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! It turned out adorable! You did a fabulous job! And I think that pink, green and yellow look fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you printed your words right onto your cardstock! I think it looks great!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the toolbox idea. Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower and would love to have you visit my blog and to link up on my "Blogs of Inspiration" page.
    Happy Teaching,
    Laura

    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great. I say that you made it IF you add something, so magnets count.;) It's like me saying I made dessert when all I did was add water, eggs, oil and put it in the oven. LOL!
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bandaids is a good one that I forgot about! Thanks for sharing! I always love finding new second grade blogs!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great!! I love the colors. I am always excited to find fellow second grade teachers. I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit at secondgradechatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! :)