Sunday, August 25, 2013

August SLANT Box!! :)

I am SO excited!! I got my SLANT Box from Dawnn from Funds of Knowledge in the mail the other day.  (If you want to learn more about SLANT Boxes, read my post {HERE}.)  Dawnn is a 6th grade ELA/ESL teacher.  It was neat to be paired with a teacher of a grade level that I am not too familiar with. 

My SLANT Box definitely brought a smile to my face.  She did a good job of sending a mix of school and home things.  Check out all the goodies she sent me:


There's a chevron dry erase calendar, which I think will be great for home--menu planning, keeping track of appointments, and making sure my husband knows what's on our schedule, too.  The little green "caddy" is filled with sweet treats.  Loving that I'll be able to put this in my desk.  Right now, all my sweets are just scattered throughout my desk.  I can't wait to use my apple antibacterial lotion!!  I typically just reach for the hand sanitizer in my classroom, which dries your hands out like crazy.  Now my hands will smell nice and not be so dry.  Do you see the awesome pens?  I love different colored pens for grading.  There are also a few monkey themed books on tape, and she even included a Free Scholastic book for me!!  She wrote me the sweetest note, too. :)  I am so appreciative of all of these goodies that she sent me, but just wait until you see my FAVORITE part of my SLANTbox....


AHHH!  I am in LOVE!  These are the cutest, and do you know the best part???  SHE MADE THEM!  I can't wait to snap a picture of my cuties in these matching shirts once my new sweet princess is born in December.  Looking at that tiny onesie reminds me of how teeny tiny little babies are when they are born.


I definitely enjoyed participating in the August SLANT Box.  I am going to sign up for the September SLANT Box right now!!  If you'd like to sign up, go {HERE} or {HERE} for more information and to fill out the form.  The theme for September is, "OH MY GOD, I FORGOT (blank)!"


Have a great week!  I start back to school tomorrow (with just teachers, but still--back to school for real!).

4 comments:

  1. So Glad you had so much fun! Seeing everyone's boxes definitely made the effort worth it. I can imagine smiles across the nation as these are coming in. It makes the stress of starting school tomorrow so much better doesn't it?

    Glad you signed up for October!

    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box you received looks great! Love the matching shirt and onesie.
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little shirts are adorable! I can't wait to see pictures of your little cuties in them. :) I'm signed up for September, too. Can't wait!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you liked everything. Hopefully the chocolate bar wasn't too melted....I didn't think about that until after I dropped it off.

    Dawnn
    Funds of Knowledge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! :)