Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WBT?? and...Another thank you! :)

I received great response about my Morning Announcements Companion Pack from those who were able to get it for free.  I'm so happy that it will be put to good use.  :)

I am also SO excited to learn more about Whole Brain Teaching.  The more I research about it, the more I like it.  It is a LOT to implement, but I think I'm going to introduce what I can as I feel comfortable doing it.  We (as in the Second Grade team) have heard from a lot of sources that our upcoming Second Graders are a different set of challenges from the Second Graders we just had, so I'm so happy to have found this teaching technique that keeps students engaged and active in their learning.  Now...let's just hope I can pull it off!!  I have been going to the live chat/video sessions on wholebrainteaching.com the past two Tuesday's and have taken notes.  I'm ready to get this all organized in my head and planned out for the beginning of school.

Speaking of which...today I finished our Second Grade Curriculum Map SOOO that means I'm even MORE ready to start putting things together for next school year--including my ideas for pacing and instruction where you are using your Basal as a RESOURCE and supplementing with lots of fun activities and great read alouds.  I hope to post more about that later this week. :) 

I wanted to take a moment and thank Mrs. Kenyon at Where Seconds Count for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award!!

In order to receive this award I must:

1) Copy and paste the award onto my blog.

2) Thank the giver and link back to them.

3) Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and let them know by commenting on their blogs.


I would like to pass this award on to:


I am so excited to be following Kate as I am researching WBT and how I will incorporate it into my classroom this year.

From Blood to Books!
From Blood to Books*To the tune of "The Brady Bunch"*  Here's a story...of a gal named Jess...who decided that healthcare was not for her...so she went into education...read all about it here!

 Mrs. Barnes
Mrs. Barnes has such creative ideas!!


Primary Pizzazz
I'm so glad I can give Patti an award, especially after she gave me an award!  I hope I am as interested in teaching as she is after I have been teaching for 35 years...I see so many teachers near retirement who are "done with teaching," so it is SO nice to see someone still striving to be the best they can be.

 

I LOVE all the crafy ideas Courtney has found on Pinterest!!!


Sooo...there ya have it!!  Check out these blogs, and I promise you won't be disappointed!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw you are too sweet! Thanks!:)

    I hope you've entered my giveaway. It ends August 1st

    -Courtney
    Classroom Snapshots
    2ndgradesnapshots.b

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be 2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award and your very kind words! Your blog name is so true!!
    Patti
    Primary Pizzazz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love WBT in 2nd grade!! It's great for all learners, and it's fun! I look forward to reading about your experiences!

    Nancy
    Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! :)